Important information for those attending the Northern Emergency Medicine Conference:
As we are sure has not escaped your attention COVID rages on. We have thought long and hard about what implications this would have for this year’s NEMC. After balancing the risks, benefits, and our capability to deliver an effective and safe event, we have decided to continue with the face-2-face format as originally intended.
This decision has been made based on our original briefing,, the feasibility of delivering an effective hybrid conference within a limited timeframe, the current government guidelines, our ability to provide a COVID safe space, and the realisation that COVID is probably here to stay and life must go on.
With this in mind we have taken the following actions to ensure a safe and enjoyable NEMC for those who choose to attend:
- Attendance is at your discretion. Do not feel pressured to attend. Your decision to come or not is personal to your own circumstances and will be respected
- Reduced crowd density. The venue capacity will be limited to 50%.
- Social distancing. The seating arrangements have been planned to allow for adequate spacing between delegates.
- Personal protective equipment. The use of masks within the venue, outside of eating/drinking/presenting, will be expected. Hand gel will be available and advocated.
- Staggered eating. Lunch will be staggered to avoid feeding frenzy.
- Personal responsibility. We requested that delegates and speakers perform lateral flow tests within 24h prior to attending conference, with those positive not to attend. Those with symptoms should not attend.
Look forward to seeing you all soon!
We are pleased to announce that the Northern Emergency Medicine Conference will return on Tuesday 18th January 2022 with the theme Through the Looking Glass.
After the challenges of the last two years, we are excited to be planning a face-to-face conference so that we can all come back together and celebrate Emergency Medicine.
The 2022 conference will take place at The Biscuit Factory in Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne (https://www.thebiscuitfactory.com). Tickets cost £45 each and lunch and refreshments are included.
Go to the Shop to buy your tickets now…!
The programme for the day is as follows:
Further details will be posted online and on our social media channels shortly – follow us to keep up to date!
The NEMC Team